The Lynden Canada Day parade is one of the highlights of our annual celebration. Each year we have 40-50 entries taking part in the event that kicks off our day at 11 AM.
Musical groups, local service groups, citizens, businesses and area churches participate in our distinctly small-town parade - we'd LOVE to have you be part of it as well.
Parade lineup occurs at 10:15 when the parade marshals do their magic at the north end of town. Judging for the parade entry prizes occurs from 10:15 - 10:45.
There are different judging categories, each with a cash prize of $100:
To qualify for an award, the parade entry must be received by Jun 26th.
- Best 1st time entry
- Best group / organizational entry
- Best commercial entry
- Best individual entry ( excluding groups/organizations )
- Judges' award
Parade Entry Rules:
- ANY HANDOUTS (FLYERS, ETC.) MUST BE PREAPPROVED BY PARADE COMMITTEE AND MUST BE GIVEN ONLY BY WALKERS AT THE CURBSIDE Ė NO CANDIES THIS YEAR!
- NO CANVASSING PERMITTED ALONG PARADE ROUTE BY PARADE PARTICIPANTS
- ELECTRIC CARTS, QUADS AND ATVíS MUST BE DECORATED OR PULLING A FLOAT TO BE ENTERED IN THE PARADE. EXCESSIVE SPEED OR STUNT DRIVING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. FOR INSURANCE REASONS ALL OPERATORS OF MOTOR VEHICLES MUST BE 16 YEARS OF AGE.
You may register for the parade online or by dropping off the printed form at Shearlea Acres at 3826 Governors Rd. just east of Lynden.